PDA

View Full Version : Graduated monitor display

06-03-2002, 09:49 PM
The monitor displays graduation from bottom 8 point to top 14 point approx.
Billy T asked me to connect the monitor to another PCU or vice versa and see what happened. Well took the first option, no change, the monitor still showed the same graduation. However this test did alter the display to the monitor on the borrowed CPU. Don't know whether that is relevant or not.
Where do I go from here ?
Sorry to be so long in responding, but we have been away and not easy to borrow another CPU.
Best wishes Syd.

06-03-2002, 10:18 PM
Hi Syd

You really fluked it this time! I haven't been on line much lately due to pressure of work, I was wondering how you got on & when I do return, there you are, right on cue.

Sounds like your problem lies in your monitor but first, what do you mean by 'altered the display' on the borrowed CPU? Did the original monitor on the borrowed CPU inherit your problem as well?

I don't recall if you gave the brand & model of your monitor last time but it sounds like we need to see that now and some system information too; like brand of computer, operating system, video card, age etc.

Does this graduated efect occur on all programs and displays including your desktop?

Post again and I'll try to follow up but if I don't, I'm sure somebody else will take it up for you.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

06-03-2002, 11:33 PM
Hi Syd, your problems sounds very much like the vertical linearity could have gone wonky.
Try running a DOS monitors test program, if the non linearity is still there, then the problem is most likely the monitor (or video card)and not with Windows. The next step would be to change the video card, and if the problem is still there then it is the monitor.

You can download an oldish but good program: monitors.zip from:

http://www.drivermuseum.com/files/utils/test_u.html

Just scroll down til you find it. It is best to boot into DOS from a plain vanilla DOS boot disk, you can put monitors.exe onto the boot floppy.
There are various patterns generated in this program including grids and circles, you will soon see if the non linearity is there.
Best of luck.