PDA

View Full Version : CD writer problems

06-03-2002, 08:13 PM
My CD writer, which is an A-open 1232A model, has recently stopped working. It ejects fine, and I can see it in my computer alright, but when I put a CD in, all it does is nothing. The LED just flashes once, then stops, then after a while it starts flashing again continuously until I eject it again. When I try to open the CD in my computer, it says the device is not ready. When I put a CDRW in to erase in NERO, it says there is no CDRW disc present or something. Is this problem serious? I also have a DVD drive, and that drive works fine.

06-03-2002, 08:26 PM
Hi,

Did you intall the DVD or a new OS recently?

Also you may want to uninstall your CD writer and try re-installing it again.

I had something similar happen to my Sony writer and I fixed it by re-installing it with updated drivers.

Best of luck,

Daniel

06-03-2002, 09:25 PM
Hey,
maybe its ur cd laser head is dirty, try so of the laser head cleaning things.

hope that helps :)

joeflies256
26-05-2004, 01:21 AM
Hi,

I currently have the same problem, however I have a BTC CD Writer.

I tried cleaning my lens by taking it apart (My warrantee has run out) once put back together it mystereously worked...however only allowed me to write once then same thing, kept putting disks in that were not being recognised?

Opened it up again and the same thing happened, it allowed me to use it once then didn't work again, very frustrating.

Point being if you updated drivers/firmware tested everything else even a lens cleaning kit or what ever have you got any warrantee left try sending it off because I have a feeling if it is like mine it is stuffed:(

Sorry hope that helps though and I hope I am wrong:)

godfather
26-05-2004, 01:34 AM
Joseph, the post you have responded to is now well over 2 years old.

I somehow seriously doubt they are still waiting for a response.....

Laura
26-05-2004, 01:51 AM
But surely we award him 100% for enthusiasm & keenness..?

There's a one-year gap in his posts list.
Where've you been, Joe?