PDA

View Full Version : Lots of problems =(

05-03-2002, 10:12 PM
I am subscribed with Paradise with a
V90 56k modem(havent updated driver cause i cant locate the old one it says to back-up,
Win98SE(updated regularly),
PIII 800,
128 meg ram,
TNT2 ultra(updated 4 mths ago),
Yamaha PCI sound Card(never updated),
Computers 1 yr old,
Hope this info helps
Now to my Questions:

i usally get 46666bps but then after 1/4 to an hour the internet will wither slow down to a crawl (usally making the click when I disconnect, making me reconnect to even get a webpage)
or it will cut off,

and to make it worse if im in an online game(Tribes 1 or Half-life) it freezes the computer(WHY?)

and my mouse pointer's icon/picture will not move when I disconnect from the internet, but I can still click & open prgrams etc, to get the mouse pointer's icon/picture moving again I have to reconnect (to the internet) or restart the computer,

If you can help me with any of these problems please reply, Thanks

06-03-2002, 12:02 AM
what progs have you got running in the background? list all.

in device manager check the irq's, is the modem sharing any irq with anouther device and is the vid card sharing irq with anouther device??

if you use the internet alot you it may pay to give the index dats a clean out.

06-03-2002, 05:02 PM
hi, i had a problem just like this and for me it was Zone alarm pro was some how stopping the information from being recieved to my computer, so i unistalled it and the net goes fine now.
Do you have a firewall that maybe is doing the same? if so what is it? and check the settings on it

jon

06-03-2002, 08:33 PM
k, I'm running Zonalarm (free Version), are firewalls nessesary? cause when i first started using it i was stopping 30 people a night, though havent stopped anyone in a couple of months :/

Programs running in the background:
Explorer
Zonalarm
OSA
Loadqm
Dattray
propoxy
Rundll32
Navapw32
Stimon
Systray
Hidserv
Rnaapp
Speedkey
Qttask

alot, i dont know which to leave etc.
also i have 2 Intel RSX 3D

also another problem I have IE 6.02 but it keeps erroring all the time.

also how do i tell whet kind of P3 i have (coppermine etc)?

BTW thanks for all of your help