PDA

View Full Version : .wav files over an Intranet

05-03-2002, 03:36 PM
I have an intranet running on my NT4 server. The intranet has .wav files on the server but i can't play (hear)them at the workstation.

05-03-2002, 04:43 PM
Hi,

Here's a few things it could be (or AKA problems I've once had at my work station).

Is your sound card turned on?

You can check this by right clicking on 'my computer', then selecting 'device options' (but this may vary depending on your OS and I'm going by W98 here), scroll down to 'Sound, Video and game controllers' and open that, if you find an option for a sound card with a red 'X' on it or line through it it's proberly not enabled, just right click that and enable the card.

As a default our workstations sounds are normally turned off, as we're not meant to be playing sounds here....but then I'm normally stuck in the office till late and then it's 'Party time!!!'

Next, does your workstation have a sound card install? (you never actually mentioned this)

...and thirdly does your Volume controls have Wav sounds turned on (you'll normally find this in the task bar where you change your volume, just right click and open 'Volume control' and tweak around in that.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers,

Daniel

05-03-2002, 05:38 PM
Sorry should have said, The workstation is playing .wav sounds fine. EG if i move the intranet to the work station and play the .wav file through the browser, hear the sound. Move it back to the server, no sound. EG can't get the sound to play across the network.