PDA

View Full Version : To all those that had problems with Zen

05-03-2002, 01:09 PM
Hello All,

Regarding the problem with Zen deleting wanted files when running the (F) option,
this was confined to files of the type screensaver and media files,wav etc (Fonts was by design and these can be restored by looking for a folder called fontbak on your C: drive and restoring them from there)delete the bak folder after you have restored the ones you want.
Unfortunately the screensavers and media files was an oversight and deleted files cannot be restored, unless you ran the backup option first.
The logic behind the (F) option is to restore a drive to pristine condition removing all of the built up clutter,unfortunately it was forgotten that some people may want to keep their Fonts, wav and media files and Screensavers untouched, an option should have been given for them to do this.
This has now been addressed in Version 1.72, when running the (F) option you will now be prompted if you want to keep unneeded wav, media, screensavers and fonts if you choose yes they won't be deleted,Zen does this in a step by step fashion and is really easy to follow.
The new version can be downloaded from >>
http://www.x9000.net
and has many other improvements as well, I still think it is the best utility of this type I have come across and with the improvemets being worked on now will only get better.

My apologies to the people who did lose some wanted media and screensaver files,I did not pick that problem up in my testing as the machines I tested on did not have any unneeded ones to delete,hence I did not see the problem.

Regards
Alan

05-03-2002, 08:08 PM
Thanx for doing some homework for us Alan. I'll try the new one now.

Cheers.

05-03-2002, 08:08 PM
Thanx for doing some homework for us Alan. I'll try the new one now.

Cheers.

05-03-2002, 10:57 PM
Thanks from me too Alan...will think on this one before I decide to have another go....lol...one bitten and all that....would still like to know if I can get the Documents folder back in the start menu...and if so ...how ????...still finding files that got deleted..well finding that they are gone that is....lol

05-03-2002, 11:06 PM
Alan, Thanks for the feed back and new version details. Can you tell me what to do to get my screensavers etc back on the screen? Seems like a couple of others would like to know as well.
Thanks again.

05-03-2002, 11:41 PM
Hello Peter,

If the screensavers you have lost are the ones normally supplied with Windows, all you need to do is go to add remove programmes/windows setup/screensavers then install the ones you want.

If they are downloaded ones you will need to redownload and install them as you did the first time.

If you still aren't sure repost exactly what screensavers you wish to reinstall and I will see what I can do.

Alan