PDA

View Full Version : MPs buying email addys?

04-03-2002, 11:15 PM
Hi guys, tell me what you think of this...

I just got a message from old red-neck Prebble, saying:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have been recommended as someone who may be interested in receiving
my weekly Letter from Wellington. This is an informative newsletter
which contains political news and insights that you won't find in the
mainstream media.

Blah blah blah etc etc etc...

I was 'reccomended'? By whom???

My theory is that he has stooped as low as to purchase email addresses so as to send people these messages, and get more people on his mailing list, in ordder to get more votes...

Naturally the letter was filtered to my trash can, so I fished it out, and replied telling him that it was illegal to trade others email addresses...

He also enclosed last weeks letter, which was a great big 'Labour-bashing' session from start to finish... There was not one word about his political intentions, policies, or the thoughts of the rest of his party...

I also told him that:

Aside from which, there are people who care for the environment, and people
who see more in politics that attacking whatever anyone else feels is
contructive.

Labour is in government because we like them (that's democracy for you, sucks
aye!), so give them the respect they have earned.

This was in response to his three page assault on labours new petrol tax, which - quite frankly - I think is excellent...

He also wasted some of my precious bandwidth telling me how stupid the Green party was...

Is this man an idiot??? Does he think I am going to vote for him after that? I hope all you voters out there will see through his disgusting tactics.

A couple of my friends also recieved this email, along with my mum...

Tut tut tut...

Moral of the story - Don't vote for Prebble...

And...

EAT YOUR GREENS!!!

:)

Erin

04-03-2002, 11:55 PM
Sounds like it is time to sign up 'old red-neck Prebble' for some unwanted newsletters.

HHmmmmm, Helen Clarke's coming to my College on Thursday to officially open it (about 3 weeks late). Might have to be mention to her about Prebble buying email addresses.

Or someone may have just signed you up for them. Just to be a pain.

JM

04-03-2002, 11:59 PM
That's a good thought,

I'm sure, however, that somebody hasn't signed me up for these mailings, as why else would so many others get them all at the same time???

He seems to have collected a whole load, then emailed the list all at once...

I think I should send a copy to Helen Clark, see what she thinks about Prebble's views on her petrol tax...

I could use a word with her about Waihopai too...

:)

Erin

05-03-2002, 12:08 AM
That's low, Erin, but it's not as low as some stoop! MP Judy Keall scans the death notices and sends sympathy cards - obviously in the hope of getting votes from the living! You can understand the City Mission, etc. sending cards in the hope of getting donated goods, but getting one from her last year when my Dad died really pissed me off. We put a notice in our local paper to let our friends know of his death and she sent a card to the Horowhenua box number I had put in for messages. At first when I saw the name on the envelope I was touched that she had sent me a card - until I realised it was addressed to my mother. She never knew my father or my mother and they had never lived here - but she did know me - I was the photographer on the local paper and took her photo many times. She saw me a few days later and never said a word so I doubt she even connected the name (surprising, it's not that common!). I told another newspaper and when contacted, her office said cards were sent to people in her electorate. Load of bollocks! If that was the case, the card would have been sent to me and my partner - not to my mother, who lives in Lower Hutt! When I passed the card on to my mother, she said 'who the hell is Judy Keall?' Precisely!

05-03-2002, 01:14 AM
Hello Mr SALMON..... are you from the sea?

Actually, I think the ACT party are doing a marvelous job in Wellington, for the whole of NZ. We even support technology, with a marvelous new HP computer that we have installed to instantly answer worried constituants on a instant computer generated reply. Those horrible green people still use a typewriter as there salute to ecology

Now what was that computer question I had.....

Mr B. BALDY

05-03-2002, 01:19 AM
Actually, Erin, you'll probably find that somebody you know actually signed you up for the newsletter. His emails are actually worth reading for a good laugh, and probably a friend of yours thought it'd suit your sense of humour and signed you up for it. A friend of mine receives the letter, and sends me the odd forward of it. Of all the MPs in at the moment, I think you'll find RP the least likely to do anything like buying email addresses :)

05-03-2002, 08:54 AM
You're absolutely correct Mike. There is a link at the bottom of his newsletter to refer a friend. I know because I get the letter and enjoy it.
And for those who think Labour's doing a good job, hmmmm. Anyone who thinks that another 4c per litre is a good job.....particularly after Labour is on record saying there will be no new taxes..... and the majority of that new income goes into govt coffers, NOT roading, the bulk of the leftover going to Auckland (sure that'll please all non-Aucklanders). This split is from the govt TELLING Transit how to operate. Yeah, good job Labour!

05-03-2002, 07:16 PM
Um, Faye, she's Chris Keall's Mum (PCW Editor).

I'm sure she is a very nice person and had good intentions.

She helped me out once when I needed some Stats data for an article I was writing.

And remember, she's playing for the same team as our esteemed PM.

robo

*** this posting was not an attempt to ingratiate robo with his boss in any way. Thank you ***

06-03-2002, 09:05 AM
Hi Faye,

Judy Keall publically announced about 18 months ago that she would retire at the next election (and in fact set her retirement date about 3 years ago), so she's not after votes.

If you have an issue with it, you should give her a call and get the straight story rather than stewing on it.

Chris