PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream Internal PCI Modem VS Nokia M1122

04-03-2002, 12:54 AM
Anyone know the reason why the speed, especially overseas site become much more slower after I change to use a Nokia M1122 router insteas of the PCI internal modem supplied by telecom? I used to have about 120-130KB/s but now only have about 30-40KB/s. I have tried to connect the internal modem back, the speed just back to normal.

Anyone have experience this problem b4? Any solution? Thanks in advance.

04-03-2002, 09:03 AM
Are you sure you are using the same measurement? One isn't bits and one bytes by any chance?

I guess if it feels slower, then the numbers must be the same.

I would love to know what the answer is, I might be able to get more speed out of my 1122. Don't think I left the handbrake on...

robo

04-03-2002, 11:41 AM
The unit I am using is bytes and I did the test by downloading from the same site. Really don't know what happened. But I have heard that Xtra is cutting down their speed, do you think is true?

04-03-2002, 11:17 PM
Yes telecom have limited the internation bandwidth for Jetstart customers. I wont mention by how much. They can limit as much as they like. They have a very open contract for this service and can pretty much do what they like without informing you directly.

Suffice to say they have different bandwidth pools for different service's.

04-03-2002, 11:25 PM
How about Jetstream?