PDA

View Full Version : Unzipping Netscape from cd

03-03-2002, 10:07 AM
Iam trying to load Netscape from a PCWorld cd. When double clicking on the zip file the install starts then a message comes up saying there may be not enough space in the temp directory and aborts. Any suggestions please.

03-03-2002, 01:44 PM
First, the OOPS problem. Were you trying to unzip it to the CD? That will certainly NOT have enough space. A CD has exactly 0 free space. I prefer to copy CD files to a hard disk to unzip them anyway ... it goes faster.

Second: it will need a LOT of space to unpack it. How much space have you got free? You might have to dispose of a lot of temporary files, do a defrag etc.

03-03-2002, 06:57 PM
Hey thanx for your reply, I copied the file to the HD but still get the same message. Plenty of space on the drive also.
The message coming up reads:
The decompression of %s failed. There may not be enough free disk space available in the temp directory.
Would appreciate your input again.

05-03-2002, 04:41 PM
The version of Netscape on the PCWorld CD is an executable....not a zip file. Even so...it will most likely unpack itself somewhere on your hard drive. Sometimes if you have alot of junk in your C:/windows/temp folder programs have trouble unpacking themselves. Try deleting everything from the temp folder I mentioned above and run the install again.

And double check you have at least 100 megs free to begin with.