PDA

View Full Version : Epson printer repairers

23-02-2002, 12:26 PM
Greetings all - I've got an Epson Stylus Color 600 printer & would appreciate responses from anyone who can let me know of a good, reliable Epson printer repairer in the Auckland (south/central/eastern) or Hamilton area. The cartridge holder hit my hand while I was trying to put Molycote grease on the track as the unit was printing. What a dum-dum I must be. Now the thing tries to print way over to one side & the printing is very faint. Thanx 4 ur suggestions. Regards from Wills.

23-02-2002, 07:48 PM
I'm not familiar with your model of printer, but most use a belt to track the printhead. It sounds as though your belt has jumped and is now misaligned. Try ringing Epson - they may be able to tell you how to fix it yourself. If not, they should be able to recommend some repairers. Re the pale printing, this may be due to misalignment but might also be due to altered head spacing (distance between printface and paper).
Check your manual to see how to reset this.

24-02-2002, 10:02 AM
Yo Robbin - I certainly appreciated your feedback. Yes, I reckoned I heard the belt jump a few notches when the printhead hit my hand & you are probably dead right about the altered head spacing. The manual has been unhelpful & I'm searching Epson's sites around the world for relevant support information. In the final analysis, & as you suggest, I should be able to rely on Epson here to provide the ultimate backup.

24-02-2002, 10:04 AM
Yo Robbin - I certainly appreciated your feedback. Yes, I reckoned I heard the belt jump a few notches when the printhead hit my hand & you are probably dead right about the altered head spacing. The manual has been unhelpful & I'm searching Epson's sites around the world for relevant support information. In the final analysis, & as you suggest, I should be able to rely on Epson here to provide the ultimate backup.