PDA

View Full Version : C D wont; Eject

22-02-2002, 07:45 AM
Music CD's and other programme CD's WILL eject normally from the drive but a CD-RW will not despite trying [a] eject button, [b] clicking 'Eject' on the drop down menu [c] using a straightened paper clip in the tiny hole.
The only way to get the CD tray to open is to close the PC down and then restart it. During the booting up period the eject button does open the tray but can anyone help me get the thing to work properly without having to go through this performance every time. As the eject process works with normal CD's is it something to do with rewritables.

22-02-2002, 09:28 AM
If you've formatted the CD so you can drag and drop files to it with InCD, or something similar you have to eject the disk from that program - should have an icon on the taskbar, a right click should give the options, or which eject should be one.

22-02-2002, 12:28 PM
I had much the same problem.
If you have Adeptec CD Direct software try start/programs/click on your cd writer then diagnostics/tools/open tray/
It's a pain though and I ended up re-installing the software which seems to have fixed the thing. Ken

22-02-2002, 12:57 PM
Thanks Brent and Ken . Wiil try both suggestions. Actually I am using Adaptec but can't reinstall the programme as I downloaded the software from the manufacturer. Still I have your suggestions to go on with. Cheers B

22-02-2002, 02:27 PM
I use cd creator 5 myself have it on cd if you need it tennisplayer43@hotmail.com

22-02-2002, 02:45 PM
By the way, the 'paper clip in the small hole' technique is a bit fiddly. I often have to do it, when hunting through a stack of old drives to find one which will work on a particular computer. I tend to realize I have left a CD in a drive I have removed from the computer.

Note 1:

It takes a bit of wiggling to contact the piece of plastic which has to be moved *straight in*, for some distance.

Note 2:

I have struck some drives which do not open the tray unless there is power to the CD drive. Obviously, in this case, the pin just operates a switch.

22-02-2002, 03:28 PM
I find that with adaptec the cd becomes stuck if it was first created with the direct cd option. It is a pain but normally just open up direct cd and close the session and it ejects the cd.

cheers

22-02-2002, 05:12 PM
Thanks everybody for your comments and help. Just one dumb query which I should know. How do I get the Adaptec CD Creator icon into the task bar? When I try to drag the desk top icon into the task bar it refuses to go there.

22-02-2002, 05:13 PM
Thanks everybody for your comments and help. Just one dumb query which I should know. How do I get the Adaptec CD Creator icon into the task bar? When I try to drag the desk top icon into the task bar it refuses to go there.