PDA

View Full Version : DSL questions

21-02-2002, 07:56 PM
Just a couple of questions about DSL.

DSL and PABX can they survive together?

What happens when shifting to another DSL OK area, do you have to pay for the installation again?

JM

21-02-2002, 10:30 PM
DSL and PABX work together just fine.... i'm sure you would have to pay to get it reinstalled on the new exch just like you do for any phone move

21-02-2002, 10:56 PM
I disagree with other guy (can't remember his name, sorry).

I don't think you could route a DSL link through a PABX, if that's what you mean. Alongside, yes, but not through. You might be able to let the regular phone connection from the DSL link feed the PABX as an extra trunk but it could be a bit dodgy.

robo.

21-02-2002, 11:16 PM
Well at the moment we've got two phone lines, one for talking and one for the internet :-D

We also have Telecom Faxability, this would not work straight off so we had to by pass the PABX for the extension with the fax on it.

I'm guessing that we would have to do the same thing with DSL. Or would the PABX spit the dummy because of the lines being split.

Also sharing a DSL connection, what is the easiest but still good, and preferably not to expensive way to share a DSL connection so that we can use the internet on two computers simultaneously.

JM

22-02-2002, 06:52 PM
robo..
you are right in saying that dsl can not go thru a pabx .. i only said they will work together . it is just a matter of installing the filter in the right place. like you i use a nokia m1122 and would also recommend it.