PDA

View Full Version : Win XP +Norton 2001 +Virus Activity?

21-02-2002, 05:40 PM
Does anyone where to download a patch that would allow me to use norton antivirus 2001 on windows XP Pro??

Recently, my printer has been printing some weird symbols when I tried to print documents.

When I tried to shut down, a program call 'Devlnd' wouldn't close properly, and Windows asked me end it. Which I did by pressing the 'End Now' button, but after that my computer just wouldn't shut down.....no response when u press the shutdown button, and u can still open apps and stuff.. except for 'regedit' or 'msconfig', which when u tried to run, comes up with an error msg saying u are in a shutdown process....

Also, my internet connection speed as been wild as well, I get all sorts of speed ...when usually I get 52.0 or 53.2 ... but that could be Zfree's problem..

Do these symtoms indicate a virus is in my system??
I don't even know if they are related ..... but if u know what's going on please let me know ....

Thx

21-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Just found out that it was 'DEVLDR' and 'DEVLND'

apparently is network related..

21-02-2002, 06:02 PM
Nortons2001 - check the windows update site, someone told me there is a update there for nav2001 to work with xp

21-02-2002, 06:55 PM
PC WORLD run an article by Scott Spanbauer dated 29.1.02 headed Windows XP's gotchas. Last page states 'Symantec Norton Antivirus 2001, Program is incompatible with Windows XP, Update (compatability not verified by product manufacturer) or Download the application compatability update from Windows upgrade to Norton Antivirus 2002' The article also had links to Windows Update' and 'Symantec Windows XP compatability service. Frank.