PDA

View Full Version : Password Protect Folders

20-02-2002, 11:34 AM
I am running windows ME, and need to be able to password protect whole folders instead of single documents, there appears no way to do this in ME. I was recomended a program called My Old Safe, but once again it would not place a password on the folder. Any ideas or recomendations would be greatly appreciated :)
ty kat

20-02-2002, 12:49 PM
Foldergaurd

www.winability.com/folderguard

Should do the trick

20-02-2002, 03:34 PM
http://www.scramdisk.clara.net/

PGP is one option and it comes in a free version but we use on all our systems for locking stuff away is a program called Scramdisk from the link above. We use a older version and I think it has now been superceded by a Drivecrypt.

The scramdisk that we use is simple, has blowfish and several other encrypt standards, you can have upto 4 passwords at once so someone might break one but that alone does not let them in.

Once installed and setup, what it does is creates a virtural drive which when you dismount it, is not visible in explorer.

I cannot speak for drivecrypt but if you follow the link above there is blurb and more links.

If you want a copy of the older version which is fairly small post back with your email address and it will be sent to you.

24-02-2002, 08:17 PM
I am using a program called 'Password Protection System Lite' from www.necrocosm.com (free) and is protecting my Diary. Try it