PDA

View Full Version : PC World Press F1 Form

17-02-2002, 07:06 PM
I find the forum to be very helpful, but why is it so slow to call up and to view a query and to post a question or reply. I would have thought that with the site being in NZ it would be fairly fast. If it were quicker to use I am sure more people would contribute.

17-02-2002, 08:54 PM
What's your hurry? Slow down. How fast is fast? Take it easy and enjoy the forum as it is. We all do.

Tom B.

17-02-2002, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't worry too much Digby, after all, it is a free service from IDG or PCWorld......

I know it has its fault, but love it just the way it is.

Regards, ALAN :-)

17-02-2002, 11:07 PM
Unfortunately I would have posted earlier but this site was crawling like a snail and this has been the first time I had encountered this. It's ok now but about 2 hours ago it wasn't.

The site is quick enough for a 56K modem user. Maybe they need ad blockers since that will cut the page loading down in time.

Even if this site was super fast it wouldn't attract that many more unless they knew about it and advertising is the only way. Best advertising is word of mouth. You spread it around all of NZ and probably the world you'll bring in more people.

Sorry I had to contradict myself with getting rid of ads.

18-02-2002, 12:25 AM
Hi,

Yes, I think the forum had a booboo this afternoon, I had trouble with it too, but it's all going smoothly now...

:)

Erin