PDA

View Full Version : Automatic App load on IE startup - 2?

15-02-2002, 01:37 PM
Hi guys, [sorry if this is the second post, the first one didn't seem to work (cannot find server error)]

Is there a way to get another program to start whenever I open IE.

I only use this app whilst using IE, and I want it to load whenever I open my browser. However, I don't want multiple instances of the app running if I open more than one IE window, or if I close IE and then open it again later. (Ideally the app would close with the last open window of IE.)

It would also be great if it didn't open with Windows Explorer.

A big ask I know, but anyone got any ideas that might even do just a part of what I want.

G P

15-02-2002, 02:39 PM
If you right click on the shortcut (usually in the start menu). Select properties. A dialogue box will appear. In the 'shortcut key' type an alphabet letter eg t. From then on to load that programme all you have to do is hit Ctrl Alt t.

Ctrl Alt P loads my firewall. It's quick and easy.

15-02-2002, 02:43 PM
Hi Graham, this is one way there are probably others. Make a small batch file calling up IE and the program you want, and make a shortcut to it on your desktop, using that instead of the usual IE icon.

Use a text editor like Notepad.
The first line will read:

c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe

The second line will read something like:

c:\pathtoprogramfolder\yourprogram.exe

hope you can follow above.
Save, giving the file a name like ie.bat

When you run it IE and the program will both start.

The ~1 thingy is just the DOS abbreviation for a long file name.
Let us know how you get on.
Cheers

15-02-2002, 08:01 PM
if you are running xp, the batch file method probably wont work, i have tried similar things like a game starting and then a cheat applett loading, the game starts, but the cheat app wont start until the game is closed, which defeats the entire purpose...

even the opposite wont work, ie the cheat loading then the game, the game wont load until the cheat is closed.

the same will probably occur with ie and your applett

bob