PDA

View Full Version : IE5 & Netscape 6.2

14-02-2002, 04:17 PM
On my Win2k system I use Outlook as my email client & pim. I prefer to use Netscape 6.2 as my browser. When I first installed Netscape 6.2 I found that every time I double clicked on a hyperlink in an email both IE5 & Netscape 6.2 would load. No amount of playing with check boxes and radio buttons in various preferences dialogue boxes seemed to change this such that just Netscape started. Recently I have upgraded my CAD software, it uses IE5 exclusively for its help screens. Now when I double click on a hyperlink in an ezine only IE5 starts up. How can I change this so that only Netscape starts? Yours in frustration!

14-02-2002, 06:18 PM
Within Windows Explorer right click on an HTML file and choose 'open with', choose NS6.2 and make sure the check box below is checked to force it to use it every time.

15-02-2002, 10:14 AM
Thanks Mike
I had already tried all this and all the other usual check boxes and radio buttons in the various options/preferences dialogue boxes. Both programs still load when i double click on a hyperlink.
Cheers

15-02-2002, 07:48 PM
If you are confident do a hunt through the registry and see if you can find something there.