PDA

View Full Version : Customizing Toolbar in W.Internet Explorer

12-02-2002, 10:13 PM
Having customized the toolbar showing the items I use most, using the customize option, it all looks exactly as I want. However it wont stay like that, but reverts to how it was as soon as I try to exit the customize box. I have used just the close button, the reset button, and the x close. Any suggestions about what else I can do to make the adjustments stay.

What it reverts to is less items showing, with larger spaces between the icons, with several more there, but out of sight.

What I change it to are smaller icons, closer together, and all I want to see visible, with only a couple out of sight. Just what I want but it wont stay. Help please, am I missing out something in the closing process.

13-02-2002, 11:13 AM
I'm not to sure about that, but if you have Windows XP, I noticed the other day on a friends computer that there is an option to lock the toolbars. From memory it was under View > Toolbars > Lock Toolbars. This migh be the answer.

Cheers, Lloyd Ries

17-02-2002, 06:08 PM
Thanks for your response. Have been away and have just seen it. Have Windows 98 and it does not appear to have the lock toolbars option. There will be an answer somewhere, I've just got to find it. Thanks again, EC.