PDA

View Full Version : Speednet 5.0

09-02-2002, 09:45 AM
My problem with this programme is it has lost 2 websites. In the Speed Resolve page it suggests putting in websites to download faster. As it says in the notes, it gives the site a number, e.g.www.bobdylan.com becomes http:///?20www.bobdylan.com. which in turn comes up with site not found/busy page.

I have tried uninstalling/ re-installing this programme but no avail. It is supposed to have a backup file/default setting.

I have tried connecting to their site Paramagnus for help but surprise, surprise I get the same page not found.

Any ideas welcome. Thanks.

10-02-2002, 12:32 AM
Hi Norm,
I have accessed Paramagnus site and they acknowledge there is a problem and they are working on it. In the meantime if you access your hosts file in C:\Windows you will find some reference to the sites you cannot access, if you delete these you should be able to get through OK. ps
I edit my hosts file by Rightclicking and SENDing it to Notepad. This does not alter its character in any way. If you do not have Send To Notepad just don't make Notepad the Default when asked what program to use to open it. I might be a little paranoid here but I work on the principal 'if you don't know,don't mess with it',well most of the time;0

10-02-2002, 01:40 PM
Hi Peter,

I have done what u recommended and hey I am back in business. Your a genius.
And your right about messing with things u don't understand, I am slowly learning.
Thanks very much.

Norm.