PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper

08-02-2002, 04:27 PM
To have the option of varying my wallpaper, I've sent photos from an album I have in Ulead Photo Express to Display Properties. No problem setting up a personal photo as W/p but as soon as I try to send a second or subsequent photo this next photo overrides the first which is lost from the display Props list. How can I retain and build up a collection of a few of my favourite photos to add to the standard W/P default list or by default am I only allowed one - the current photo I import? Each new photo I load in always has the same identifying name Pe30.I thought of opening W/Expl, finding the Display Props file & dragging and dropping my photos into it but I can't find such a file. If someone can tell me how to retain several photos as W/P,then a second issue arises - How do I get rid of any that I get sick of? If I R Click any of the W/P's in the Scrolldown list in Display Props,I don't get a delete option only 'What's This?' Does this mean once you've got them , you're stuck with them? I'm using W98 SE

08-02-2002, 05:15 PM
Most wallpapers are saved as a .BMP file.

Do a search in Find and you rename the image with any name you like.

08-02-2002, 05:37 PM
Thanks Chris. My photos are in jpeg format. Maybe that's the problem.
Bryan

08-02-2002, 11:19 PM
download a program called:ACDsee, install then you can view any images on your hard drive and by right clicking the image, choosing wallpaper,send the image of the day to your desktop, it doesn't matter what format it is.the program,organises,sends,zooms,and has a slide show facility,you'll have lots of fun with it.i use it with 98SE,it is free with the occasional popup.

09-02-2002, 10:42 AM
Thanks a lot Chris and Dave for your very helpful advice - much appreciated. Cheers
Bryan I assume to delete any I'm tired of, I have to do it by bringing them up through 'Find' and delete them from there?