PDA

View Full Version : Scanners

08-02-2002, 09:54 AM
In follow-up to a previous post regarding what was good as far as scanners go, I recently bought a Canonscan 65. It's an old model (in fact 2 models now) the current models being 670 & 676 (the 670 is also being phased out). There is no difference between the three as far as quality goes - the latter 2 have 3 buttons on the front rather than 1 for the 650, and the 676 allows you to scan multiple photos at once but have the software save them as separate files.

08-02-2002, 05:47 PM
Yes Ian, but are any of them any good? Would you recommend them - are they easy to use, provide good quality images, etc.? Please advise! I got an email from Nigel Horrocks recently in response to a query about scanners - I think Net Guide is running a report on scanners in the February or March issue which could be worth a look.

08-02-2002, 11:16 PM
can't comment on the 670 or 676 but the 650 seems to work well. i have only tried one coloured photo which turned out disappointingly, due, I think, to wrong settings. But as far as optical character recognition it's great. it came with omnipage pro and it does a VERY good job. Mistakes, yes, but within an acceptable limit - 4 -5 per page. I did alot of research and came to the conclusion that the software package makes a HUGE difference. And the canon scanners have very good software.