PDA

View Full Version : Restricting size of emails downloaded

07-02-2002, 05:08 PM
Someone else has mentioned that they can prevent messages larger than a certain size, eg 50kb from being downloaded off the server. I have looked everywhere in OE and IE 5.5 for a setting for this but can't find it.

Anyone know where it is?

Thanks!

07-02-2002, 05:47 PM
Open OE anyou will find the option under:
Tools>>accounts...highlight your account..options>>>advanced and then you will see a check box. :-)

07-02-2002, 05:49 PM
In outlook express click on tools then message rules/mail.
then new rule. now in field 1 choose ' where the message size is more than size'. and in field 2 choose what to do with it ie do not download it all you have to do now is decide on the size of file not to download

07-02-2002, 08:07 PM
in OE, Message>Create Rule from Message>in the first window remove the default tick unless you want to restrict messages from that person to a certain size and place a tick in Where the Message Size is More than>in the second window tick, Do Not Download from Server>the third window will prompt you for size, enter the info, click ok and apply.

07-02-2002, 08:27 PM
So that's where it is. Yup, thanks very much guys, got that one sorted.

Tazzie, you were a little off the mark there - the only checkbox I have in the Advanced options is to break apart messages over a certain size which is where I kept looking to do what I wanted. Thanks for trying though!