PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else finding Zfree slow tonight?

06-02-2002, 09:58 PM
Tonight I've been finding Zfree shockingly slow tonight on overseas sites. But it's been fine on NZ sites. Fired up Actrix and it was way quicker.

Is it because of the whole TelstraClear thing or is it that all the gamers are refreshing there browser every 5mins waiting for the first GeForce4 review?

JM

06-02-2002, 11:54 PM
I have been disconnected about 15 times tonight, as well as finding Zfree awfully slow. I think they're subtly hinting at their users to switch to a new ISP so they can shut ZFree down quietly :(

I haven't had any disconnection problems with ZFree until about a week ago, and now it happens probably every 10-15 minutes.

07-02-2002, 12:14 AM
Howdy JM and Mike.

Yeah. Same here. Only today though. NZ sites OK, overseas? forget it. Even my i4free emails aren't showing up in OE or via web. There will be hundreds there now. I dont get disconnected from zfree though. Still stay on as long as I like.

I thought my puter was playing up so went to testmyspeed.com and on the NZ test site, it went through the top of the thermometer, so thats not the prob.

I think there was probably a lot of traffic today clogging things up as it was a holiday and the weather was yuk.

Fingers crossed: should be alright tommorrow.

Cheers.

07-02-2002, 12:15 AM
Yes, Zfree is painfully slow tonite .... it even make me wonders I my modem is stuffed up?!?!?!?!?!

But since u guys are having the same problem I feel much better : )

07-02-2002, 12:15 AM
Yes, Zfree is painfully slow tonite .... it even make me wonders if my modem is stuffed up?!?!?!?!?!

But since u guys are having the same problem I feel much better : )

07-02-2002, 08:50 AM
I think with www.testmyspeed.com you need to force refresh (ctrl+refresh) because it has cached the page so if you test your speed it times how long it takes to download that file which is sitting on your hard drive and amazingly enough its 4.3mb/s connection speed!

07-02-2002, 04:52 PM
Hi JM

Just received this message from the help desk at zfree::

We are currently experiencing technical problems with International
Bandwidth, this is causing problems accessing international websites. We are
currently working to fix this problem which should hopefully be resolved by
the end of the day. We apologise for any inconveniences.

This will explain our problems.

Cheers.

07-02-2002, 07:58 PM
Well it's the evening of the 7th and I have been trying to send a greetings card and like you guys just no joy. I had to give up. Email is another problem. Straight messages are Ok but add an attachment [ and it was only a newspaer cutting] and you can forget it. I sat waiting for 15 minutes after pressing 'Send'. the green line filled up but that's all.I gave up but should I have waited for half an hour ? Perhaps I'm not patient enough.