PDA

View Full Version : A couple of things...

04-02-2002, 07:16 PM
My USB mouse doesn't work in Safe Mode. I presume it's coz the driver for it doesn't load. Is there a way to make it work in Safe Mode or do I have to have another (PS2 or serial) mouse or use the bl**dy keyboard as I'm doing currently?

And, if that's not enough, I have a Wacom tablet which was attached to my Mac but I wanna use it on the PC. Unfortunately, it's an ADB (Apple Data Bus) serial version which is not compatible with a PC. But...

I have the answer, a USB to ADB adapter! Cool. So I can now plug it into the PC.

Except it doesn't work. When I plug the Mac mouse in using the adapter, it works fine.

But the Wacom PC driver can't see the tablet, even though the LED on the tablet indicates it's recognised by the USB bus and is to all intents functioning.

To summarise: The connection to the USB is OK. The tablet is healthy. The Mac mouse works fine with the adapter. The driver won't load because it can't see the tablet, even though the tablet is functional and the USB bus allows it to respond to connection and input from the stylus. HELLLLLLLP!

Oh, and one other thing, so I don't need to do another post, how about an 'Edit' icon in the 'create posting' window, so that you can change the post after you've posted it and you realise there's a gazillion mistakes in it, and even you can't work out what you meant to say from the stuff you two- finger typed at 3 in the morning.

(I can't be the only one who only spots the errors AFTER the message has been posted).

I'm talking a limited time here, like say an hour after the initial post. Whaddya reckon youze regulars?

04-02-2002, 11:27 PM
Sorry, But I will need to know what type of wacom tablet you have...
Flip the tablet upside down. On the sticker with have the model name..

Jess

05-02-2002, 01:03 AM
Jess,

It's a Wacom Intuos GD-0405-A 4x5. The ADB to USB adapter is an iMate, don't know the model number but I think it's the only one they make.

Having paid $400 odd bucks for it I'm reluctant to see the tablet gathering dust if it can be made to work on the PC. As I said earlier, the Mac mouse works fine with the adapter, so the adapter functions as advertised.

I think part of the problem might be that the adapter itself is getting in the way of the driver seeing the tablet. But that's a guess.

Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated.

Andy.

:-)