PDA

View Full Version : Word 2000

02-02-2002, 10:16 AM
I've received an attachment which contains a .doc file. The file has a frame and the frame contains text. It shows the text on the screen but it will only print the frame. How can I get the text printed please?

02-02-2002, 10:33 AM
Hi there, Leo

I assume you mean you don't have Word2000, but want to deal with a document you've been sent.

First, try selecting the text on your screen with the mouse, and then: File, Print, and choose SELECTION in the 'Print Range' box.

If that's not available, you might need to get a Word 'Viewer', which allows you to view and print Word docs but not edit them. Look here:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/000/viewers.htm

02-02-2002, 11:07 AM
I'm sorry John but I do have Word 2000 and everything shows on my screen but I cannot get the text to print. Printer works fine, I've re-installed Word 2000 but still no go as far the text inside the frame is concerned.

Leo

02-02-2002, 12:16 PM
Also John, I cannot 'select' the text as the whole inside of the frame becomes black! I've forwarded the attachment to a friend and he had no problem printing the whole lot out. I must have done 'something' as I've printed the same attachments out before.