PDA

View Full Version : Floppy Drive (A:)

30-01-2002, 02:53 PM
Could you please help me to get my, Floppy Drive (A:), back to it's correct path.
In My Computer it is coming up as, 5 1/4 and it normally is 3.5'.
In System Properties it is saying, Drive A is using MS-DOS compatibility mode file system.
It is freezing whenever I try to use the drive.
Hope you can understand all of this. I have been trying to have a large clean-up and I may have well made the error by mistake. I am running Windows ME.
Many thanks
Charmaine

30-01-2002, 03:19 PM
Simple. You have to get into your BIOS setup routine, and change the setting for the A drive.

You might have seen a little message on the screen very soon after powering up. saying 'Press DEL to ...'.

If not, try holding the DEL key down while starting up. If that doesn't work, try the F1 key.

A manual with your computer (the Motherboard one) will tell you how to do this.

The setting will be on the first screen of the setup. use the cursur up/down arrows to position on it, and PgUp/PgDn to alter. Exit from it (saving it), and you will be OK.

If you can't do it, post again and tell us the make and model of your computer, and someone will give you step by step instructions.

30-01-2002, 03:19 PM
Simple. You have to get into your BIOS setup routine, and change the setting for the A drive.

You might have seen a little message on the screen very soon after powering up. saying 'Press DEL to ...'.

If not, try holding the DEL key down while starting up. If that doesn't work, try the F1 key.

A manual with your computer (the Motherboard one) will tell you how to do this.

The setting will be on the first screen of the setup. use the cursur up/down arrows to position on it, and PgUp/PgDn to alter. Exit from it (saving it), and you will be OK.

If you can't do it, post again and tell us the make and model of your computer, and someone will give you step by step instructions.