PDA

View Full Version : double modem ?

01-09-1998, 11:11 PM
in control panel , system my modem settings shows two modems:
us robotics 56k int voice
us robotics 56k int voice pnp
if i install manually or let windows 95 auto install i end up with the same problem
if i delete one or the other windows tells me i have no modem installed and if i delete both at my next boot up windows finds and installs both!!! again please help

Skinnerjack
13-06-2006, 04:10 PM
ahhh yes, the old two modems for one thing.
sometimes if you uplug the machine take the modem out
turn back on, uninstall any modems showing ( if they are!)
turn off
replace your modem IN A DIFFERENT PCI SLOT!!!!
turn on and install using the cd or floppy that came with the modem

however if it is a dell (yuck) or Compac (yuck) or something that came with a restore disk (YUCK ) before you plug the modem back in, look at the sticker on the back it should have a TELECOM APPROVED sticker with the modems model number.
find the drivers for that sticker and use them to reinstall, of course you would have to find the drivers using a differenct pc - sigh.

Laura
13-06-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm intrigued.

Any reason for restoring such an ancient thread?

Battleneter
13-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Thank god someone replied, he's probably been 8 years at his keyboard this whole time waiting for an answer.

While we are here, can someone get word to the American government, I believe the World Trade Centre may be in danger!

Skinnerjack
13-06-2006, 04:36 PM
Jeeze guys, some people are still running on Win95 ( i know-hard to believe) but given that cash converters and others are selling the junk, there is always someone who thinks they have bought a bargin.
:nerd: :)

sambaird
13-06-2006, 05:14 PM
While we are here, can someone get word to the American government, I believe the World Trade Centre may be in danger!

You should send them a email that sounds urgent

Terry Porritt
13-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Jeeze guys, some people are still running on Win95 ( i know-hard to believe) but given that cash converters and others are selling the junk, there is always someone who thinks they have bought a bargin.
:nerd: :)

Some us even, are still running Windows 1.0 and DOS 3

http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/Windows1.0.jpg