PDA

View Full Version : windows 95 plus

25-01-2002, 06:14 PM
My original p/c came with w95 plus.Having reinstalled itI have ended up only with W95(no plus!)Should I have chosen custom rather than typical installation? or is plus to be added later from the disc? or is it an upgrade to get from M/soft? or was I 'inadvertantly'given the wrong disc? or some other reason?? Anyone please help!! Dave S

25-01-2002, 06:37 PM
Did you reformat your disk? If not, as well as the 'win95' directory which *should* have the W95 .CAB files and the setup stuff, there might be one holding the Plus installation. Have a browse. If you have only a CD have a look on that. Plus was a separate product, so it would not be part of a standard W95 installation, and would have a directory of its own.

25-01-2002, 06:44 PM
Plus was a seperate cd and installed later after the initial install. you may be able to purchase a cd from somewhere like trademe.co.nz if any are up for auction

25-01-2002, 08:01 PM
Plus was put together by a bunch of MS's techs but, is unsupported. I've downloaded it a couple of times but can't remember where. Try http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.asp? or Google.com

Good luck

muzz

25-01-2002, 08:14 PM
Murray P. I think you might be thinking of PowerTools, not Plus. Powertools was put together by MS techs and is unsupported, but Microsoft Plus was most definitely supported, and it sold (on CD) in the usual MS box etc. as an addon to Win 95 and 98 (don't recall one being made for ME) but also I believe there is one now for WinXP.

26-01-2002, 11:57 AM
Hi, David,
I have the cd 'Mocrosoft Plus' I used it while trying to improve my then win 95 on a 486 Compaq.- I am now on a P11, and win 98.
I have since disposed of it and the new owner isn't interested in it.
You are welcome to it
Eddie

27-01-2002, 04:09 PM
The copy I've got is 6 3.5' floppies: maybe you could email it to him?

03-02-2002, 08:59 PM
Eddie Chibnall.Yes please I would be most gratefull.Your email in a subsequent post does not seem to be correct as I keep getting bounced back.Will you confirm