PDA

View Full Version : . . . and she 'Plays the Last Post'

24-01-2002, 10:30 PM

... see my posting on earlier Message Thread, Main Board: 'NORTON'S ANTI-VIRUS' - Alan Wilson, 24/01/2002 14:58:54

Cheers!!!

e_

24-01-2002, 10:56 PM
You were wrong, e_, we're not saying the board just got better... it just took a step backwards in you leaving :( sorry to see you go... wish I could do something to make you change your mind.

24-01-2002, 11:00 PM
I shall miss your precise, knowledgeable replies.
Good luck.
Terry

24-01-2002, 11:06 PM
Sorry to hear that your leaving e_ we'll miss you and the handy tips. I don't think anyone on this site openly endorses cracking. We just state the plain truth. What forums are you moving on to?

JM

24-01-2002, 11:18 PM
I am very sad that you have decided to leave this forum Erica, and know that we will all be very much the poorer for it.

Best wishes to you and your PC.

24-01-2002, 11:31 PM
very sad to here e_name. you are one of the oldies(as in longest person posting) and will be missed by all.

got icq ?? call in some time:-)

happy surfing ;-)

24-01-2002, 11:46 PM
Sad to see you throwing in the towel.

From what Ive read and seen your presence and advice will not be forgotten...(at least to me anyway)

Best wishes for your futher encounters and remember.
'One person can make a difference'

==Orac==

25-01-2002, 01:03 AM
Hello e_

Sorry to see you go, I must agree with your sentiments though, I now find myself not bothering with this site anywhere near as much as I used to, for many of the reasons you have listed, quite often when logging in you find more nonsensical or off subject postings than actual PC help ones.
Like many people my time is limited and if you have to sift through all the nonsense to find any serious questions to help out on, then why bother.
I hope I'm wrong, but I can see this site going the say way as the computerchat site, a site that started out good got hijacked by a few and the result hardly any sensible PC related postings.
anyway enough of my ranting.

Best of luck

Alan

25-01-2002, 08:09 AM
e_

Maybe you'll come back now and again. It has been busy lately, and the quality isn't always the best.

However, as a rule, most of the non-computer stuff adds to the flavour and entertains others a little. At least we don't have too many jokes being posted.

We do need those who know what they are doing, more than we need those who ask questions. The cool thing is that lots of people who help others also seek the advice of the collective wisdom themselves.

We'll keep a keyboard warm for you.

robo.

25-01-2002, 09:40 AM
It feels like this forum has just had its left arm chopped off :-(
I wish you all the best & thanks for all your useful contributions.
Regards Steve

25-01-2002, 10:35 AM
e_,

Sorry to hear that you are leaving. I have seen many people come and go in my time on PressF1 but you will be one of the greatest missed. This is a huge loss for the members of the PressF1 forum.

The drop in standards that you mention has only started recently (last 4 months) and I think once the holidays are over, things will resume as normal.

One behalf of everyone, past, present and future, I would like to thank you for giving up your time to help those in need.

Tristan

PS: I hope that you will check back occasionally and reconsider joining this site at a later date.

25-01-2002, 10:38 AM
I was thinking that too, Tristan - along with the holidays we have bored kids (or should I say 'young people') with nothing better to do than to create havoc wherever they go... give it a couple of weeks and they'll all be back at school, and things should tidy up a little. Lets hope so.

25-01-2002, 02:30 PM
Hi e_

I am really dissapointed and sad that you have decided to leave this site.... as a newbie here, I would have to say that it is usually your advice that I take the most notice of, and in the last few months that I have been posting, you have helped me out of a jam more than once.

I really, really hope that you will change your mind and that you will continue to point us in the right direction with your extensive knowledge and help.

Regards, ALAN :-)

25-01-2002, 10:33 PM
Dear e_

If my post on Unwanted Home Page' - Graeme Carroll, 23/01/2002 20:33:59 has anything to do with you leaving this site, I am truly sorry.
The silly quip I made was not intended to be snide or belittleing but on reviewing it it is and was in no way helpfull to the original post. In mitigation I will say that I'm new to this site or any forum and perhaps got caught up in some of the humour site (no bad thing in context)and wanted to contribute. How wrong. I feel stink.
More important, is that during the short time I've become (almost) addicted to F1 is the fact that it provides an enormous amount of inforamation and help to new and old pc users in a friendly and usable way and you are one of the mainstays of that, of which I have benifited along with many others.

Don't go please. I'll remove myself in order for you to stay, please post back, yes, no(I couldn't show my mug around here anymore anyway, shortlived as it was). Maybe I would just look,

Yours sincerely

Murray P

PS. I'm too scared to put my full name, my in box might go up in flames.

25-01-2002, 10:33 PM
I think a few people have come to the same decision recently. I myself have only come back to see if things have improved over the last week. Alas the forums are worse than ever. Robo's supervision has delayed my departure, but unfortunatly no amount of moderation will coax me into coming back ever

smell you later

...because I wont be here to see said moderation.

26-01-2002, 01:28 AM
whats with people at the mo??

6 months ago this board was dead, liveless.......and BORING. then they had prizes which made it popular all of a sudden ;-) with that came a bit of live, fun thrown into the usual blah of computer tech. however it also brought the expected idiots.

this board has survived quite some time without any controls or moderation, thanks to peoples politeness. as comparision one board i'm usualy at has someone banned almost every month(sometimes every week) and it gets less posts than pcworld does:( (execpt robo will never top the longest running thread, over 1000 posts)

its sad to see regulars go but people come and go and life still goes on.

lighten up guys pc's are FUN ;-)

26-01-2002, 11:04 PM
I am curious about your closing comment.

What did you mean by *smell you later*?

(This is a genuine query as i have never heard that phrase before and can't figure it out, especially as you state that you will not be coming back.)

All the best.

a & c