PDA

View Full Version : PC-100 SO-DIMM not working...

24-01-2002, 08:46 PM
Hi,

Recently a friend of mine tried installing a new 128MB DIMM into his Toshiba laptop. the brand is kingmax, which theoretically works with Toshiba, and his manual said nothing about size limitations. We followed the instructions of going into T-Setup, and then turning it off, installing the ram and re-loading T-Setup. The ram was not recognised... Any ideas?

Cheers

Erin

24-01-2002, 09:12 PM
Assuming there is more than one DIMM slot, because you could not have loaded T setup, if the ram wasn't recognized, and it was the only slot.

You will have, to have the same sort of ram as is in the other slot, (and somtimes the same brand) ie single sided, double sided. Speed sometimes matters, and size shouldn't matter.

Maybe some help.

24-01-2002, 09:32 PM
You havn't specified the model of the laptop. So all I can add is this Laptop ram is a totally different to pc ram in that many are Brand /Model specific. What works in one Toshiba may not work in a latter model. If in doubt check. Ring someone..I believe 'The Laptop Company' are authorised Tosh dealers and may clear your question with a quick call.

Good Luck

==Orac==