PDA

View Full Version : Dammit I've try zap and wipe

24-01-2002, 05:48 PM
i have a 20GB hard disk and uninstall linux and now is only 8GB i did every thing right i used linux fdisk and i fdisk /mbr, format every thing and i've try zap and wipe they just refuse to run i don't know why, can anyone help me.

24-01-2002, 06:18 PM
With respect, your description of the way you removed Linux indicates that you did not do everything 'right'. Why are you using Linux fdisk after removing Linux? If you are making Microsoft partitions you should use the Microsoft FDISK. Linux fdisk is used to take unallocated disk space and make Linux partitions.

You need to put zap.exe on a bootable DOS disk. That should also have FDISK, and FORMAT as well. Make sure that the BIOS knows about the disk. Then boot up, run zap (according to the instructions) then FDISK /MBR to give a tidy master block, FDISK to make the partitioning you want, then FORMAT to make it usable.

24-01-2002, 11:24 PM
NO NO i use linux fdosk to remove linux and copyed zap to my windows startup disk try running zap can i get a error message so i did so everything right

25-01-2002, 05:00 PM
There is an 8GB limit to partition size in some BIOSs.

Sorry I mixed you with another questioner who had done 'things' to a disk in my frst answer. Why were you trying zap.exe? It is for serious problems.

How was the disk partitioned before? What are you trying to do now? Did you have some special driver which loaded at boot time to allow full access to 20GB?