PDA

View Full Version : Dail up Connection

22-01-2002, 10:32 PM
When ever I connect to the Inernet, my dail up connection verifies my user name and password twice and slows everthing down.Ive seen this posted ages ago so sorry to be pain,but how do I change it to just verify once

22-01-2002, 10:42 PM
Do you cancel the Windows logon when you start the PC up as this will cause two logons when you connect to the internet.

22-01-2002, 11:03 PM
No.I don't touch anything

22-01-2002, 11:05 PM
...try this:

Open your 'Network' control box [either from Control Panel - or right click the Network Icon on Desktop and select Properties] then open Configuration tab > click once to highlight 'Client for Microsoft Networks' [presuming it's installed] > click Properties > select/enable 'Quick Logon' > then Okay your way out again.

Following that you might have to wait a few seconds while Windows checks/builds its Driver Data Base.

Cheers!!!

e_

22-01-2002, 11:36 PM
Hi, here's my two cents:

Go to Dial Up Networking (Start / Programs / Accessories / Communications)
and right click your ISP connection.

Select 'Properties'

Click the 'Server Types' Tab and ensure that there is NO tick next to 'Log on to Network'. In fact all you need there is 'Enable Software Compression' and 'TCP/IP'.

See if that helps,

J.

23-01-2002, 12:09 AM
y dont ya learn to spell!!!
dick

23-01-2002, 12:43 AM
Actually, the only one you NEED is TCP/IP, definately turn off Log on to Network though, all that does is send your Windows login username and password to your ISP, totally useless in most cases.

23-01-2002, 01:11 AM
y dont ya learn to spell????

who is the bigger dick? Go Away

23-01-2002, 02:19 PM
I had this same thing with my PC and cured it by removing excess protocols from my Network/Dial-up adapter.

Settings\Control Panel\Network - under the Configuration tab scroll to your protocols (small T junction icons) and make sure there's only one entry for your Dial-up adapter.

That should be...

TCP/IP -> Dial-Up Adapter

Remove NETBEUI, or IPX or any other protocol attached to the Dial-Up Adapter (other than TCP/IP that is), and voila...no more double log-ins. I think!

Good luck,

:-)