PDA

View Full Version : Can a letterhead templet created in Word 2000 using Win98, be used in a computer using Win95 and Word 97

21-01-2002, 08:14 PM
If I create a letterhead using fonts only, in Word 2000 with Windows 98, and put it on a floppy disk can it be used in another computer using Windows 95 and Word 97, to print out the letterhead on that computer.

If that computer does not have the fonts needed, can I put them on the floppy disc first so that they can install them, and then put the letter head on the same disk. Would I make the letterhead a template.

Been asked to help, have design skills but not sure of all the computer steps.

21-01-2002, 09:07 PM
As far as I know it will not work not so much because of the fonts but because the templates themselves aren't compatible. What you could do though is save the Document to be 97 compatible and then on the other PC load it and then copy to clipboard and paste into a template.

21-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Thanks Mike. I had a look in 'Save as Type' in Word. The only one that looked maybe applicable was 'Word 97-2000 & 6.0/95-RIF (*doc). Is that what you meant? Can you explain what that tech talk means in ordinary English so I know for the future. What
is RIF? - thanks