PDA

View Full Version : Virus Warning. Is it?????

21-01-2002, 09:10 AM
Received an email from a friend telling me he had a virus which was sends itself to all in address book. The virus is supposedly contained in a file called sulfnbk.exe. I found the file in the Windows/command folder. According to the Properties it was created on the same date as the other files. I think it is the Installation date. The mesage also warns of an ' ugly black icon' The icon is in fact 'Microsoft Windows' with the logo underneath. The message says this file should be deleted. Sounds like a hoax to me but I would like to know for sure.

21-01-2002, 09:27 AM
It's a Hoax. There are few postings on this. Do a search.
Bye

21-01-2002, 11:55 AM
If you get the message as you have done, ignore it, it is a major hoax, if on the other hand someone sends you a attachment called sulfnbk, delete it without running it.
For update information on virus hoax's check out Nortons Anti Virus homepage

21-01-2002, 02:45 PM
according to www.sarc.com this is a hoax, as has been said, but the file sulfnbk.exe is actually a windows file, deleting it could (if your system calls on this file for start up) prevent your pc from starting or just give it general trouble. Good on you for checking it out first...and not spreading the hoax any further!