PDA

View Full Version : software to disable AGP4x

21-01-2002, 02:26 AM
My bios does not include this setting and I wish to disable it to try and figure out a problem I am having.

Anyone know where I could download some from.

My machine is as follows.

Tyan Tiger MP
2 x 1.4 GHz Tbirds
512 PC2100 Registered DDR ECC
Asus Geforce 2 MX(original) using Nvidia drivers.

21-01-2002, 03:22 AM
I assume your having graphic problems?

I'm not sure if you can disable the AGP port. But if you have a PCI graphics card it should automatically be detected by the BIOS and used as the default.

Let us know more about the problems your having.

If it's crashing we've been getting that a lot with nvidia cards and XP. I've somehow got it stable but how it was achieved I'm not sure. Just hasn't crashed at all when trying to play games or just ordinary computing.

What is your overall opinion on the Tyan Tiger MP? I was going to get one but the time I wanted to get a Dual Processing Mobo they never had Dual AMDs so I had to settle for Dual PIIIs

21-01-2002, 03:57 AM
The exact problem I am having is that I can start 3d applications, but after 5-10 seconds, the app closes and I am left sitting at my desktop.

I am using Win2k Pro with SP2 and any other updates installed.
Using DX8 and the second to latest Nvidia drivers, I was using the latest ones, but with worse hassles.

I have checked my machine with an old AGP2x card, and it works fine, and my Video card works fine in other machines, but not in mine, so I just want to try setting it to AGP2x so that I can play some games.