PDA

View Full Version : Tablet or cell phone

Krad
30-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Will a tablet do the same functions as a cell phone except for (phone calls and texts) on Wifi?
My fitness tracker needs to connect to a cell phone to synchronise its functions. Should my tablet do this?

dugimodo
30-09-2019, 11:30 AM
Most likely yes, there is very little difference between the two outside of the phone calls and texts as you mention.

A tablet is less portable though so as long as your tracker can work independently and doesn't need the phone or tablet to be connected for its normal functions it should work fine.
Why not just try it and see, nothing to lose. You don't get locked into one device when you set it up.

piroska
30-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Same thing except minor differences in size, and no ph calls on a tablet.

01-10-2019, 11:26 AM
......., and no ph calls on a tablet.

Can on some :)
My Tablet accepts phone sims . Not that I'd want to make calls with it.

Lurking
01-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Wifey's Samsung 10inch tablet does phone calls, her Welsh friend showed her how, probabley does Skype toooo!!.

Morgenmuffel
01-10-2019, 12:53 PM
What type of fitness tracker, and what type of Tablet, most modern ones should work easily, if you are using an older tablet, you may need to download an older variant of the fitness trackers app as some of the newer apps need a specific level of bluetooth to work assuming your fitness tracker synchs using blue tooth