PDA

View Full Version : New Graphics Card Problem

Ninjabear
26-08-2019, 12:13 PM
I have a Gigabyte RTX 2070 graphics and I originally had a GTX 1060 3GB

The graphics card performs well and there's no issues with it.
I've updated the graphics card drivers .

I don't know why but whenever I restart my machine I would be stuck in the BIOS splash screen with the loading symbol spinning for 10-15mins after which windows would load
I'm running Windows 10 with the latest update, Mother board is Asus Prime B250m-A

Any ideas why this might happen?

wainuitech
26-08-2019, 12:21 PM
Could be the intel management engine causing problems. To see you can disable it by going to device manager/system devices/intel management engine (or something named like that) right click - Disable.

chiefnz
26-08-2019, 06:53 PM
What happens if you take the 2060 out and use the onboard video?

If it still happens then could be mobo===>BIOS related, so check bios is current and yeah as Wainui pointed out check the Intel Management engine.

I have recently updated a range of Asus and Gigabyte motherboard BIOS versions... most of them included a significant Intel Management Engine (IME) update.
This usually involved having a specific BIOS version before you could update IME or there was an IME update incorporated into a new bios so check that out.

I see there is a "recent" BIOS update for your which includes an IME update.

If you're not running that version of the BIOS it might pay to update and see id that fixes the issue.

Have a look here (https://www.asus.com/au/Motherboards/PRIME-B250M-A/HelpDesk_BIOS/)

Hope that helps.