PDA

View Full Version : Dynalink Router : Pinholes ?

20-01-2002, 12:02 PM
I just acquired a Dynalink Router. I am online (internet) no problem with 2 PC's through a hub which comes from the Router.

When I start my Unreal Tournament Server up, players can join via IP 'ONLY'.....they can't find the server on a UT Server Scan ? How do I make the server available to players so they can see the server like all other servers.

I kow the Routers Web Interface and understand I have to set up a Virtual Server but I have no idea what IP's etc... (all the numbers) to make the UDP Properties ? I have made lots of combinations to try and figure it out but no joy yet.

Dynalink offers instructions to configure it for Internet Access only.....why have a router if you can't work out how to use it ?

If you can help......drop me note here or email me at brigzy@xtra.co.nz

Thanks
Brigzy.

21-01-2002, 02:30 PM
I think the UDP port number you need to pinhole is 7777.

But it's been a while, so don't take it as gospel.

Cheers,

hoopzta
09-10-2002, 11:28 AM
With your router please realise that it only has 64 ports available. You need to invidually set these up through the advanced tab and virtual server of your routers control panel.
You can get the numbers fromthe games distributor .
try setting yopur friends up on a seperate ip address. eg one has 192.188.1.4 and then next has the same but .5