PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP

20-01-2002, 12:22 PM
After downloading photographs from my Digital Camera I sent them attached to an email to friends. After sending them I discovered they had copied themselves in My Pictures. When I tried to delete the copies several at a time it then made more copies etc etc etc. We ended up deleting them one by one, a very painstaking effort especially as we had hundreds of copies by then.
Would be grateful for any help. Thanks

20-01-2002, 04:12 PM
This might not be related but I find that if I am deleting selected items in bulk by holding the ctl key and clicking the selected items, if I go to quick it starts to make copies as well.
If you only want selected items removed, hold down the ctl key and go a little slower maybe, if there is a single block you want to delete, hold down the shift key instead, select the top one, select the bottom one and that should highlight all between and delete as normal

20-01-2002, 09:56 PM
Thanks Gordon, we tried all those ways, sometimes it seemed to work, then off it went again making copies. One at time was the only way it would work.
Thanks anyway.

20-01-2002, 11:13 PM
I find XP great for my digicam photos. Click on the first photo you want to delete then hold down the shift key and click on the last photo to be deleted. All the photos inbetween shoul now be selected. Right click and then select delete from the popup menu. Hope this helps.