PDA

View Full Version : Nod32 licence renewal

bk T
16-05-2019, 10:16 AM
My Nod32 expires in 13 days and it keeps on nagging me to renew the licence and so I did this morning; received an email confirming my renewal.

Restarted my PC two times after the renewal but it still nags me to renew my licence.

What's all this about?

wratterus
16-05-2019, 10:18 AM
Can take an hour or two. They used to say allow up to 24 hours but it's generally a lot less than this. Just ignore it for a day, more than likely it will sort itself out.

wainuitech
16-05-2019, 11:57 AM
yep, some I've renew do so withing 10 minutes, others a few hours or as Wratterus pointed out within 24 hours.

When you get a new ( first time) licence its kind of pro-rata it, activates instantly, but on renewal, once the transaction is completed it has to talk back to the update servers, verify, then renew, then the next time Nod updates it looks at the new data, and changes. Its all a matter of timing, internet hold ups, if the winds blowing the wrong way thus taking longer -- pick an option :D

bk T
16-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Phoned Chillisoft, the first guy went through all the normal procedures, etc., etc., repeated a couple of times, but couldn't get it right, he then referred me to another tech person, went through again all those thing, no joy.

He then requested a remote session and tried a few more times, finally, he entered a new set of Licence Key, and there it goes. :)

wainuitech
16-05-2019, 03:27 PM
Phoned Chillisoft, the first guy went through all the normal procedures, etc., etc., repeated a couple of times, but couldn't get it right, he then referred me to another tech person, went through again all those thing, no joy.

He then requested a remote session and tried a few more times, finally, he entered a new set of Licence Key, and there it goes. :) Why so impatient ??

It would have sorted its self by tomorrow at the very latest --- As advised by two different people who deal with this software every day.

Eset even confirmed it had been renewed:
received an email confirming my renewal

You must be one of those I WANT IT NOW people, cant wait a second :groan:

Can tell you right now the guy at Chillisoft would have known the time it takes, the only reason he asked for a remote was to fool you into thinking he was doing something, they have no control over the time it takes Esets servers to react to renewals.

bk T
16-05-2019, 04:21 PM
You are quite right!

I was a bit impatient! But, the pop up at the Notification Area is annoying, never happened before!

The new set of licence key worked, anyway.

wainuitech
16-05-2019, 04:47 PM
You are quite right!

I was a bit impatient! But, the pop up at the Notification Area is annoying, never happened before!

The new set of licence key worked, anyway. Hopefully it was only a single licence, because if it was a multi user the others wont activate anymore, you would need to go to each Computer and manually change the licence. Single user no problems at all.

I can tell you what they will have done. :nerd:

Cancelled the original Licence, so it will stop activating once it goes through the system ( more than likely by tomorrow), they will have issued whats called a cross-grade (no need for details other wise it may get complicated) ;) But it will carry on working just like the previous, same time frame, 1,2 or 3 years what ever you paid for.

The remote connection the guy will have also been looking at certain settings to make sure they were correct, in case for some reason something got disabled.

That's one of the things I like about the version I use (Not exactly the same as yours, lot more business oriented - volume licence sort of thing) I have a server here, has the licencing in the Eset management Program, go into the License Management, change the key when they issue it, all the computers update to the new expiry automatically once they connect back to my LAN.

Whats amusing is the amount of people who say (along the lines) Eset never came up with any warnings at all -- yet as you advised - it does :)

bk T
16-05-2019, 06:45 PM
I have been using Nod32 for a couple of years, never had any renewal issues prior to this! According to the guy this morning, their server has some problem, there are quite a number people having very similar issues today.

wainuitech
16-05-2019, 06:51 PM
That explains why it may have had a bit of a delay, it would have sorted its self.

Did a renewal this afternoon, by the time I got to the persons place with my eftpos machine so she could pay for it (about 15 minutes later) it had renewed.

Edited: dont know if going in Via a dealers login /network works quicker than by public / Credit Card does it quicker or not ?