PDA

View Full Version : Reimage

lakewoodlady
18-04-2019, 09:17 PM
I was helping someone with their Lenovo Tablet Windows 10 (piece of crap thing) at the library today, I help out voluntarily with older people with their computer probs.
He had installed and paid for Reimage ‘cause he was told it would fix things on the tablet.... am I wrong in telling him that he should uninstall it immediately because it was causing more harm than good?

LL

Lawrence
19-04-2019, 05:49 AM
Pretty much viewed as Malware and should be removed

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-reimage-pc-repair-online/

Would warn the person to check their credit card for any ongoing payments also

piroska
19-04-2019, 09:09 AM
Pretty much all those "System improver" things are crapware if not outright malware.

lakewoodlady
19-04-2019, 06:16 PM
I pretty much thought that. He didn’t want me to remove it because he’d paid for it ! I couldn’t convince him otherwise..... he said he just wouldn’t renew the sub when it was due.
He’s really naive to think that would work after me telling him that he’d been duped actually, and I wanted him to let his bank know, to stop any further payments on his credit card.... Probably they’ll keep charging for it anyway till he does something about it!

LL

CliveM
19-04-2019, 06:42 PM
Well at the very least you have done your best and if he thinks he knows better the consequences are all on him.

lakewoodlady
19-04-2019, 08:27 PM
Yep will wait and see aye....!

LL

piroska
20-04-2019, 09:38 AM
print out the info on it and give it to him. If he persists in his delusion there isn't much you can do.

lakewoodlady
20-04-2019, 10:14 AM
That could be difficult as he is off to Europe for a few months next week, he also lives way down the other end of Lake Taupo from me. However I may phone him to discuss the matter. Was a good suggestion though, thanks....
LL