PDA

View Full Version : How to Power USB Speakers

bellbird
25-02-2019, 11:35 AM
I have a Pocket Radio Walkman (SRFS84C discontinued) which I want to use with a set of small Divoom speakers. Have connected the speaker jack to the Walkman and if I connect the usb lead to my computer it works but how can I power the speakers other than via the computer. Is there a gadget which can plug into a wall socket which has a usb connection thing. thanks

CliveM
25-02-2019, 11:37 AM
Probably the easiest way to go would be a cheap power bank and run them from that.

piroska
25-02-2019, 12:37 PM
yes.

It's called a USB wall adapter.

Warehouse sell them for $9. Most $2 shops have them as well. Anywhere really....

gary67
25-02-2019, 12:47 PM
USB phone charger

bellbird
25-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the replies. My searches keep showing me usb wall adapters which were chargers which I thought would be the wrong thing as I'm not wanting to charge anything. So can I use a phone charger for powering the speakers?

25-02-2019, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the replies. My searches keep showing me usb wall adapters which were chargers which I thought would be the wrong thing as I'm not wanting to charge anything. So can I use a phone charger for powering the speakers?

The USB wall adapters are not a charger , they are only a 5v power supply (the charger circuit is built into the phone etc)

Some (all ??) of the Divoom speakers have a built in batt , so you would be charging the speaker regardless
Plug the speaker in to USB somewhere, let it charge overnight & you should be good to go (probably)

bellbird
25-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Thanks for explaining about adapters/chargers 1101. Speakers are Divoom Iris-02, no built in batteries. I've connected one of my phone chargers/adapters and radio is working. Am in a weird reception area and this little pocket radio works better than other radios I have.

Agent_24
27-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Warehouse sell them for $9. Most $2 shops have them as well. Anywhere really....

Except I wouldn't trust the $2 shop ones not to burn your house down or electrocute you.

piroska
28-02-2019, 08:28 AM
Plenty of "high end" electronics do that too.
It's not the power gadget - it's the batteries mostly you need to worry about.