PDA

View Full Version : issues with Samsung s9 telephone connectivity disrupted intermittant requires restart

theother1
30-10-2018, 01:21 PM
I have an S9 and have discovered that the telephone service turns off without warning. The display looks the same and the only way I know is if I try to make a call or I get an email or a call to my landline advising me that I have messages.
Has anyone else had this issue? I am with 2degrees and they want to charge me to check the phone even though it is only 4months old.

dugimodo
30-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Have you tried backing up any files and doing a factory reset? Sometimes updates cause weird issues and a factory reset usually fixes it. You'll need to know your login details and set all your softare up again so be prepared for that.
If it's a hardware fault it should be fixed for free under warranty and shouldn't be charged for but maybe vodafone charge a hadnling fee or something?

theother1
30-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I could do that but I have a lot of file etc in it and I am nervous about losing them. Last resort territory.
I am talking to Samsung and they are suggesting removing and replacing the SIM card. I will try that and I will also try putting the sim in another device and see if it persists. unfortunately I don't know when it is happening as there is no warning and the display still looks the same.