PDA

View Full Version : Scanner

lostsoul62
11-10-2018, 09:40 AM
What can I do to fix this?

11-10-2018, 01:26 PM
If its a hardware fault ,and it looks like hardware, you replace the scanner (or the printer)
If the printer has an option to ~photocopy~ ie print out a copy without using the PC software, test with that.

Last scanner I priced parts for, there were 2 parts available : the cover, the scanner without the cover.
ie it was a right off , not good for what was a very expensive scanner :-(

lostsoul62
11-10-2018, 01:53 PM
I printed as an image and it came out black. So if I understand you, I should just throw this scanner in the trash and buy another one. I can't buy another one like this one because they raise the price to $450 over the last 6 years and I don't want to spent much more than $200?

11-10-2018, 02:31 PM
6 years old, almost zero chance of getting parts or repairs .
Honestly, the "repair" industry is almost dead (for true hardware repairs)
Is it a scanner, or an all in one printer ?

You could take it to an authorized repair agent . Chances are they'll take your $50 min charge & tell you its unrepairable .
Never know , you may get lucky .
Or try trademe & try & find something similar .

The scanner I tried to get parts for was quite expensive (at the time) . Basically the only parts available was a complete scanner(minus the lid) for that one.

Lurking
11-10-2018, 02:58 PM
"You could take it to an authorized repair agent . Chances are they'll take your $50 min charge & tell you its unrepairable"

BH and I always take out multies' to Cartridge World and they just plug it in and say it's not worth repairing as they are so cheap to replace, no charge for advice tho. they may use them for parts, lol.

Apparently Brother seem to be the top brand now.

BH seems to do both copy/scan from the unit, but I prefer to scan to pc and then go to print, each to their own ehhh.

lurking.