PDA

View Full Version : Choice tv casting

Johny C
08-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Is anyone else having trouble casting Choice Tv on demand videos to a smart tv with google Chrome in Windows 10 (tv screen starts to load the video and then just shows the casting icon on the screen) . The website will cast but not any videos, Youtube and other video sites work fine. Have no trouble casting Choice to the tv with a smart phone. :badpc:

Driftwood
08-10-2018, 01:17 PM
I didn't think you could watch Choice on demand.

Johny C
08-10-2018, 01:49 PM
https://www.choicetv.co.nz/#!/home Ive been using it for over a year now and now its stopped working Makes me think they dont like Windows 10 .

piroska
08-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Are you having difficulties watching programmes on our site?

From our experience most viewers have fewer problems when they access our site using the Chrome web browser. If you don't have this browser on your computer we would recommend downloading and installing it. If you are still experiencing issues after doing this please contact us and let us know what operating system you are using (e.g. Windows 7, OS 10 etc), what web browser you are using and what error message you are getting. Our support team will then contact you.

If you would like to get in touch with us please email: information@choicetv.co.nz

What web browser do you recommend?
Most viewers experience best results using Chrome.

What are the system requirements?
You can watch on PCs running Windows 7+, Intel-based Macs running OSX 10.9+, Apple devices and Android devices.

What are the requirements for Windows computers?
Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. 
Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer or Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser as earlier versions may not be supported. 
Internet Explorer on Windows 7 is no longer supported. 
You will need a broadband or fibre internet connection - dial up will not work. 

What are the requirements for Mac computers?
Mac OSX 10.9 or later. 
Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser as earlier versions may not be supported. 
You will need a broadband or fibre internet connection - dial up will not work.

I can't watch any content, what's going on?
Check your minimum system requirements above. We recommend that you update to the latest version of your browser. 
We use adaptive bitrate streaming which means the streaming quality will automatically adjust based on your internet speed. For High Definition (HD) streaming we recommend VDSL, cable or fibre connections as we cannot guarantee consistent HD streaming on ADSL

Why does playback of my film stall or not play smoothly?
If your internet connection is poor or inconsistent you may experience problems during playback.

Can I watch content on my iPhone/iPad?
Currently you can watch videos on your iPad but not your iPhone but this is something we are working on.

Can I watch content on my Android Device?
Currently you can watch videos on most Android tablets but not Android phones but this is something we are working on.

Can I watch content on Linux?
You may be able to watch content using the latestChrome on Linux, however it is not something that we currently provide support for.

gary67
09-10-2018, 06:28 AM
I didn't think you could watch Choice on demand.

Of course you can I do it all the time but don't cast it as no TV at the moment, I watch using Firefox on my laptop

Driftwood
09-10-2018, 08:57 AM
Of course you can I do it all the time but don't cast it as no TV at the moment, I watch using Firefox on my laptop

I stand corrected then.
However my attempts yesterday, to cast it from SWMBO's laptop via Chrome browser to our Chromecast resulted with the same problem the op was getting.
TVNZ & ThreeNow worked fine though.
I could cast it from my Sony tablet ok.

Johny C
10-10-2018, 09:55 AM
Ok, Ive worked out how to make it work with the chrome browser in Win 10 now. You cant right click on the page and select cast anymore. You have to click on the cast button icon on the video play page on the bottom right on the video control bar when the video has started. Works every time now. :clap