PDA

View Full Version : cell phone keeps recycling on and off

Apteryx
01-07-2018, 04:02 PM
My SamsungGalaxy S4 has started shutting down and restarting very few minutes. Why and how do I fix it? Also has become very slow. I restrict updating and downloading of apps to a bare minimum; keeping very few on the phone ; only use wifi and rarelydo online searches. What is slowing it and how can I clean up?

02-07-2018, 10:17 AM
My SamsungGalaxy S4 has started shutting down and restarting very few minutes. Why and how do I fix it? Also has become very slow. I restrict updating and downloading of apps to a bare minimum; keeping very few on the phone ; only use wifi and rarelydo online searches. What is slowing it and how can I clean up?

take it to a phone repair shop.
I'd say its not going top be worth repairing given its age & value . My S4 became faulty 2 weeks ago, its not worth repairing either .
You could try a full reset of the phone , which wipes everything & leaves it with factory defaults . I would NOT recommended that if it keeps restarting all the time though.

zqwerty
02-07-2018, 12:19 PM
Does it still recycle on and off when it is charging via the power cable?

Kame
02-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Sometimes its just a stuck in power button.

Lawrence
03-07-2018, 06:43 AM
Have the same problem with a Galaxy Note 2

What has been tried so far is clearing cache, a Factory Rest,new back cover(better back pressure to Battery) and I am still waiting on a new battery as it stops the Boot Loop when on a charging cable

It dumps Battery charge from 90% say to 3% after a few Restarts so a new battery is the last resort

There is plenty of info on Forums about the problem with these Mobiles