PDA

View Full Version : Macrium Reflect v7.1.3196 - Image backup program.

mzee
22-05-2018, 05:33 PM
I have been looking for for a system imaging program that is compatible with Windows & Linux systems in a multi booting hard drive.
I have been using Clonezilla, which is very good, does Windows, Linux, & Chrome OS. It is fast, and so far I have found it to be 100% reliable. What I was after was a similar program, but with a GUI interface.

I have found it, Macrium Reflect v7.1.3196 .
* Cost - free.
* Very simple interface.
* Create USB bootable version - yes
* Fast - Yes (same as Clonezilla)
* Compatible with Windows, Linux, Chrome OS
* Will mount image as virtual drive - Yes, Windows & Linux (with Ext2Fsd.0.6.9.exe driver)
* Rebuild or replace MBR - Yes
* Can restore any individual part of the Image - Yes
* Reliability - so far, haven't had it long enough to be sure.

NOTE:
If you want to mount a Linux (ext) partition in windows explorer, download a driver from the Macrium website.
Ext2Fsd.0.6.9.exe

gary67
22-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Well make sure it does what it says before you need it, I had an earlier version destroy my computer while trying to create an image, it wiped the drive rather than create an image.

Zak Mistry
23-05-2018, 02:23 AM
This is one of the reasons why I've stopped using imaging program...

interesting because in mailbox I was working somewhere for 3 years, and the

unexpected appearance of an error with GUI interface confused me, so I found transfer thunderbird to outlook get more information (https://www.outlooktransfer.com/how-to-transfer-thunderbird-emails-to-outlook/) but got stuck with uploading images without even having started sending them, the most interesting is that through roundcube everything works fine but on Thunderbird it also did not work and I could not work with images since I wanted

why so with the new application, it's unclear

linw
23-05-2018, 09:47 AM
Been using Macrium Reflect with zero problems for many years, as have most of the Insiders on tenforums. It is an excellent product, especially for the price!

Very well supported by the providers as well.

23-05-2018, 11:33 AM
When cloning an OLD OS on custom CNC hardware, macrium was the only thing that worked in that case.
That was a 1 off though though.
:-)

as noted above , allways try a test restore . At the very least try a restore of a single file.

mzee
23-05-2018, 04:05 PM
I have restored 2 computers with Macrium:

1] Dell Vostro 1015, conventional hard drive triple booting W10Pro, Linux FatDog, Linux Mint.
No problems. Tried mounting Image in Windows Explorer Ok.
2] HPG3 Stream, eMMc flash UEFI drive, dual booting W10Pro, Linux Mint.
No problems. Tried mounting Image in Windows Explorer Ok.

CYaBro
23-05-2018, 05:34 PM
We use Veeam Endpoint Backup a lot, as it is also free, and does full system backup images.
You can restore a full system, to same or new hardware, and also mount the images and restore individual files/folders.
Saved some of our clients many times now.

mzee
26-05-2018, 08:03 PM
I have two Dell Vostro 1015's, (1) one had W10 & W7, and the other (2) W10 & Mint. I replaced the W10 in (2) with W7 from (1).
It was so easy, all I had to do was remove C (SDA1) W10 partition from (2), then drag partition D (SDA2) from the image to C (SDA1) in (2).
I then rebuilt the MBR boot. It works perfectly. Took a few minutes. Because the computers were identical there was no need for a Universal restore.