PDA

View Full Version : emails & webmail

Brucem
11-05-2018, 03:45 PM
For a while now, we have periodically had periods without receiving emails. This is apparently because the webmail inbox is full, this can happen once a week, or even more often. When I delete items from the webmail inbox, they disappear from the outlook inbox as well. Is this usual? It seemed to not happen before 2 degrees took snap over, or before we went to fibre.

Are there any ways to deal with this?

11-05-2018, 04:13 PM
Are there any ways to deal with this?

smartarse answer : move to gmail for email. :)

Snap seem to have a stupidly low max mailbox size . Cant find any current info as to the exact max mailbox size ....
Assuming you are using imap. When you delete off the server (webmail) it syncs & deletes off your PC/laptop

You could try archiving email if you use Outlook . That will move old email off the server and onto your PC only
Also, empty the deleted email folder if you have one.

psycik
11-05-2018, 04:15 PM
Yeah move to gmail.....or at the very least get a gmail account, and get that to pull from your snap email address.....then you can set about getting all your contacts to start using to your address.

With gmail it can pull another email box and it can send as that old email address as well.

Zippity
11-05-2018, 06:35 PM
Gmail is the answer :)

Brucem
14-05-2018, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the advice, it looks like gmail will be the answer. At present we have 88 messages in the web mail inbox and trash, which shows as 58Mb used out of 95Mb.

CYaBro
14-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the advice, it looks like gmail will be the answer. At present we have 88 messages in the web mail inbox and trash, which shows as 58Mb used out of 95Mb.

Yea gmail gives you 15GB of storage. :)
I've had a gmail account since they were in Beta, and still have 95% of that storage available.

decibel
26-05-2018, 07:25 PM
Sorry, Gmail was the answer but not anymore. All the privacy concerns has put me off big-time.

The answer is the German equivalent - www.gmx.com