PDA

View Full Version : Syncing Question

Pato
04-05-2018, 03:49 PM
I have Google Photos installed on my Desktop and for some unknown reason all the many photos I had there have disappeared. I notice they have all been synced to my Samsung Tab2 Tablet.

Should I be able to sync them from the Tablet back to the Google Photos on the Desktop.? I must admit I am not too sure how this syncing works and I don't want to loose the Photos through

my ignorance.

Kame
04-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Treat syncs like copies (the files stored online), they do not reflect the actual file no more (that's by default). So you're dealing with copies rather than the actual file you used in the sync. That way if you remove the original, it won't remove the copy as well and vice versa, if you remove the copy you won't remove the original, but if you sync where the original is, it'll put it back. In this case you exclude it from your sync if you still want it but don't want it to go online.

In any case, backup your photos first before attempting, just in case, if it goes well, you can remove your backups.

Pato
05-05-2018, 11:26 AM
Thanks. I thought I could somehow sync from my Tablet back to the Desktop to restore Google Photos.

Kame
05-05-2018, 05:05 PM
You can sync tablet online, it will put what's not online and receive what it doesn't have, you do the same with desktop, you will probably find you'll have to resync the tablet again to get what's from the desktop but now your online storage should be complete and every now and again you can sync

Kame
05-05-2018, 08:22 PM
Do you have multiple google accounts? Its possible you're not using the right account which is why you are not seeing those photos.

Pato
06-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Do you have multiple google accounts? Its possible you're not using the right account which is why you are not seeing those photos.

No. Just the one account. Thanks for trying to help.

Pato
06-05-2018, 06:03 PM
No. Just the one account. Thanks for trying to help.Hi Kame, I had another look at google accounts. Forgot that I did have another account and Google Photos were in that account, so thanks for putting me on the right track. All is not lost as I have had to learn how the sync system works.