PDA

View Full Version : Copying cells from one table to another?

DakotaNZ
28-04-2018, 07:28 PM
Hi, OK I hope this is going to make sense. For work we have a timesheet we have to fill out by the hour every day, I do exactly the same thing most days and would like to be able to copy the same information that I have already filled out from one day to the next. I can't seem to just highlight and copy all of the cells I have filled out and paste them into another, does anyone know if there is a way to do this as it would save me soooo much time every day. I don't know if the inspect element info below will be helpful but here it is.

Kame
28-04-2018, 09:43 PM
First off, how is the time sheet filled in? Some sort of web form?

From your inspect, all I can see is a row of possibly 5 cells that are supposedly headers but the rest of the source is missing.

Anyways, the form itself would help in this case. Especially if they don't allow you to install automated form fillers.

There's are a number of ways to tackle it, but copying and pasting isn't the way.

DakotaNZ
28-04-2018, 10:46 PM
Hi Kame, I'm not really sure what you mean as I am not a computer wiz at all and I can't alter how it is setup. It's a form on our work website that has columns we click in and fill out then update once finished, there is one cell that has a drop down. Pic below:

Kame
30-04-2018, 01:31 AM
The complete source of that form or page would help, as well as what you normally fill in.

That inspect you showed is close, but I need to see everything between <form...>...</form>

You can get the page source and show that if you want and I could possibly create you an alternative form you could use instead of that form with your pre-filled values you need.

dugimodo
30-04-2018, 10:15 AM
Personally I think you are screwed and just have to enter it manually every day.
Count your blessings that looks a lot simpler an easier than our timesheeting system which takes up a good portion of my afternoon every day.

Lurking
01-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Dr Google doesn't have much in the way of form filling in.

Used to do a lot of this type of thing back when!! Lotus/Symphony was around. (shows age!!)

Collect the info in a form window and then shift/F9 keys to spreadsheet accumulation formulae.

The form window can have any no. of descriptions, this is the only details I have been able to find.

lurking.

Ps. as a branch accountant back then, pcs' sure were a learning experience.

lurks.