PDA

View Full Version : Mailwasher..again

bazmeister
26-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Reading todays other post about Mailwasher prompted me to D/L it and give it a go. I have been getting a thrashing with spam recently, I am with xtra and am using an updated Thunderbird version on Win 10.

Everything set-up OK and looked good. However after doing the business with the new emails, I am getting this response when hitting the Thunderbird logo button beside the Get Mail button...

An error has occurred while launching the mail program at "F:\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" -mail.

Thunderbird is in the usual Program Files folder, in my C drive, not F., if that is the indication. Any ideas how to solve this. I have spent a couple of hours Googling and reading up on it but now admit to being stuffed.

wainuitech
26-04-2018, 09:02 PM
What looks out of place, is why is the main drive F instead of C ???

Mailwasher should pick up where the email program (in this case Thunderbird) is installed.

Installed Mailwasher free on a workshop PC earlier and it picked up Thunderbird on Drive C all it asked for was to confirm the gmail details. ( use the paid version for years on Office PC)

If Thunderbird is actually in Drive C, try this -- Open mailwasher - Settings/ General Tab/ Washing mail / (Under email Program) drop down box - Use other email Application - Navigate to the Actual Thunderbird exe file.

The default paths should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe

bazmeister
26-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Much obliged for your quick help...worked a charm. Not sure where the F drive came from, the first time I tried the install my back-up drive was on, it's F drive. I tried a second re-install with it unplugged but no luck.
All sorted now so will see if I can get a grip on the scamming. Again appreciate your time.